Pages

7.20.2014

Simply Striped

Over the last year, I've been seeing a ton of bloggers wearing spaghetti-straps silk camisoles. I remember looking at this magnificient photo of the beautiful Gary Pepper last fall and thinking "wow, I wish I could wear that kind of strappy, feminine top...". I thought it was the perfect feminine top to wear with boyfriend jeans or shorts. 

Photo Credit: Gary Pepper Girl

Since I'm not exactly petite like Gary Pepper, it took me a good six months before I even tried one on. I didn't think it would look good on me, since my shoulders are on the broader side. I was wrong! After purchasing one of these, I got addicted. I now own four! They are extremely comfortable, allow for tanning if you go on a walk AND display the tan you already have pretty nicely. This striped little number is my favorite, and I was lucky to snag it on sale at J.Crew. It pairs so nicely with my Gap boyfriend shorts!





What do you think? Do you think spaghetti straps are for everyone, or should be reserved to narrow- shouldered gals? Do you like to pair a more feminine top with a masculine bottom?

Top: J.Crew, Shorts: Gap (sold out, different wash here), Necklace: H&M (sold out, available in gold here), Sandals: Dolce Vita at Macy's, Clutch: Target (sold out), Sunglasses: Warby Parker.  Shooting location: Denver Botanic Gardens. Thanks to my friend Chelsea for the pics!


6 comments:

Your comments make my day ;)